Invited & Keynote Talks
- Invited Talk, "Scalable and Power efficient Data Analytics for Hybrid Exascale Systems", DOE, Advanced Scientific Computing Research, Exascale Research Kickoff Meeting, March 2011.
- Invited Talk, "High-Performance Data Mining: An Essential Paradigm for Knowledge Discovery", Dean's Grand Challenge Lectures in Medicine and Engineering, May 2010.
- Keynote Talk, “Computational Thinking and Privacy in the 21st Century”, at Computer Associate's Innovation Tour, December 2007.
- Invited Talk, “Large-Scale Scientific Knowledge Discovery: Problems and Potential Approaches,” Next Generation Data Mining 2007 (organized by NSF), October 2007.
- Invited Talk, “Scalable I/O Middleware,” Oak-Ridge National Labs Fall Creek Conference, Nashville, TN, September, 2007.
- Invited Talk, “Challenges and Opportunities in an Information Dominated Age for Large-Scale Scientific Knowledge Discovery,” Georgia Tech, April 2007.
- Invited/Keynote talk,"Are Data Mining Applications Different from Traditional Applications? An Architecture Perspective" The 17th European Conference on Machine Learning and the 10th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Berlin, Germany, September 2006.